The UK is now almost certain to vote in the EU elections on 23rd May. Whether you're a UK, Commonwealth or EU citizen, make sure you're registered by the 7th of May to have your voice heard. The Liberal Democrats will fight these elections as an unapologetically pro-European Party campaigning hard for People's Vote with an option to remain in the the EU. We will fight these elections on a clear message: a Liberal Democrat vote is a vote to stop Brexit.
UK/Irish/Maltese/Cypriot citizens, many Commonwealth citizens, and all EU citizens, are eligible to vote in the EU elections. Find out how to register below.
- You need to be registered to vote. If you have previously registered to vote at your current address, you're sorted. Otherwise register to vote here. [deadline: 7th May].
- If you are going to struggle to make it to the polling station on the day, you can request a postal vote [deadline 8th May].
- You can also request to vote by proxy [deadline 15th May].
- See whether you're eligible, then follow the same steps as above.
- You may vote for an MEP in the UK instead of in your home country.
- You should register to vote as for UK/Irish citizens (you can also request postal/proxy votes as above).
- You must also fill in and post this form, saying that you will vote in the UK and not in your home country.
We're proud to support the following Liberal Democrat MEP candidates for London:
1. Irina Von Wiese
2. Dinesh Dhamija
3. Luisa Porritt
4. Jonathan Fryer
5. Hussain Khan
6. Helen Cross
7. Graham Colley
8. Rabina Khan