The executive committee manages the Waltham Forest Liberal Democrats, and is elected every year at the AGM. You can see our current team here.
The roles within the committee are listed below; we'd particularly like to hear from people who are interested in the roles in bold. Let us know if you're interested by filling in your details below.
1. Local Party Chair
- Chair committee and general meetings.
- Hold a casting vote at meetings.
- Turn Decisions into Actions.
- Ensure constituency targets are set and met.
- Promote the activities of the local party.
- Political Parties, Elections and Referendums Act (PPERA) responsibilities (joint with Treasurer).
2. Vice Chair
- Assist the Local Party Chair in the carrying out of their responsibilities.
- Chair meetings in the absence of the Chair.
- Take minutes at meetings.
- Draw-up and distribute agendas, briefings and minutes.
- Handle correspondence between the local party and other levels of the party.
- Inform members of time & venue of meetings.
- Handle the local party’s financial business.
- Present financial reports to meetings.
- Keep an archive of accounts and records as required by PPERA.
- Declare donations made to the party.
- PPERA responsibilities (joint with Chair).
5. Data Officer
- Responsible for membership and Connect databases.
- Liaise with Membership Services.
- Provide briefings and statistics for meetings.
- Ensure party complies with Data Protection Act.
6. Membership Development Officer
- Encourage supporters to become members and members to become activists.
- Ensure the local party has a wide range of social and political activities to facilitate membership retention.
7. Campaigns Officer
- Chair Campaigns Committee meetings.
- Ensure wards deliver on their literature plan, as set by the Campaigns Committee.
- Ensure wards deliver on their voter contact plan, as set by the Campaigns Committee.
8. Ordinary Committee Members (x4)
- Attend and vote at Local Party Executive meetings.
- Assist Officers in organising and running meetings and campaigning.
- To perform additional responsibilities as required.