Today voters will have the chance to make their voices heard about how our local area is run.
Labour has run our council for many years and has failed to deliver. With a super-majority on the council and no real opposition to hold them to account, they just don’t want to listen to residents’ views.
The only choice who will stand up for local residents is your hard-working Liberal Democrat team. You local Liberal Democrat team has been working hard, talking to residents, reporting fly tipping and broken street lights, and trying to clean up our area.
A vote for the Liberal Democrats is a vote for:
- Build the right homes in the right places to meet local need.
- Bring empty homes in the borough back into use.
- Campaign for new developments to be truly affordable.
- Oppose developments that use poor doors or poor floors.
- Ensure the new Whipps Cross Hospital is fit for the future.
- Oppose any future reduction in hospital services.
- Demand a public consultation on the final Whipps rebuild plans.
- Expand the access to Mental Health services and Dental services.
- Improve the Labour council’s pathetic 32% recycling rate.
- Oppose the expansion of the Edmonton Incinerator.
- End the felling of the borough’s healthy mature trees.
- Increase green roofs and solar panels across the borough.
Only the Liberal Democrats can be trusted to hold Labour to account and make them listen to local residents.
Polls are open from 7am to 10pm.
You can find your polling station on the Where Do I Vote website.